In addition to installing apps to your Windows Phone from the Store, Windows allows you to transfer, or sideload, apps from an SD card to your phone (if your phone supports an SD card). To do this you’ll need to have an SD card that contains one or more Windows Phone app files, also known as .XAP files. You can download .XAP files to your PC, and then move the files to the phone’s SD card.
Windows Phones Tip
For Windows devices running Windows Phone 8.1 that supports an SD card, you can install apps directly to your SD card instead of your phone’s internal storage. These apps will show up in the App list just like your other apps and games. To learn more, see
To download .XAP files from the Windows Phone Store on the web
Here is how you can download .XAP files from the Windows Phone Store on the web
1. Open a web browser and go to www.windowsphone.com.
2. Click Apps + Games, and then click the app you want to download.
3. Scroll down on the webpage, and then click Download and install manually (below the app requirements and supported languages).
4. When prompted, save the .XAP file to a location on your computer, SD card, or storage device.
If you download the .XAP file to a location other than an SD card supported by your phone, you’ll need to move or copy the file to an SD card to install it on your phone.
To install apps and games from your phone’s SD card
1. Insert an SD card that contains one or more .XAP files into your phone.
2. In the App list, tap Store .
3. Tap More , and then tap Install local apps. (If you’re running an earlier version of Windows Phone, look for the SD card option instead.)
If you’ve just inserted the SD card or added the .XAP files, you might need to wait a few minutes before you can access your SD card from the Store.
4. Select the apps you want, and then tap Install.
5. Installed apps appear in the App list. Depending on the specific app or game, you’ll be able to use them as follows:
o Free apps and games can be used immediately.
o Paid apps and games that have a trial will be available as a trial version that you can purchase later.
o Paid apps and games without a trial must be purchased before you can use them.
I hope that this tutorial How do I install apps from an SD card was very helpful and informative. Please don’t forget to subscribe to TopAppsReviews.com for reviews, deals, promo codes, news, how to and more.