Searching for articles on the internet sometimes can be a hassle for many android users. Without an adequate Android support system in place; many Android users are left in the dark when it comes to many tricky tasks, like installing third party applications to their Android mobile phones. In order to install third party applications to your Android phone, you need to install APK, or Android Package, files. In this article, we will cover the two ways you can install APK files to your Android phone and show you how to take advantage of the wide variety of third party Android applications currently available.
Installing Applications Through the Android Market
The android market, also known as Google Playstore is well offering hundreds of thousands of apps, and literally thousands are been release weekly. In addition to the applications the Android Market offers, you can also use it to install other downloaded third party applications. Here is how:
1. Copy the APK file to your Android’s memory card and insert the card into your phone.
2. Download and install the Apps Installer application from the Android Market
3. Once installed, the Apps Installer will display the APK files on the memory card.
4. Click and install your APK files.
Installing Applications With Android SDK
It is possible to install APK files without utilizing the Android Market, although the process is more difficult and complex. To avoid the Android Market, you need to use Android SDK.
1. Download and install the Google Android SDK program and the Android USB drivers. The download links are as follows: http://code.google.com/android/intro/installing.html
2. Modify your Android’s settings to allow the installation of applications from other sources. To do this under “Settings,” select “Application Settings” and then enable “Unknown Sources.” Also under “Settings,” select “SD Card” and “Phone Storage,” and finally enable “Disable Use for USB Storage”
3. After you have done this open Command Prompt and type the following: adb install <1>/<2>.apk
Please note that you MUST replace <1> with the path to your APK file and replace <2> with the name of the APK file.
4. And you are finish. You can now enjoy your app at your leisure.
Please check out our other articles and please subscribe to our blog for more interesting articles, news, app giveaways and news and app reviews