Congratulation on building your app, I hope your app gets the traffic and downloads it deserves, not to mention making you a little richer than you were before you build your app(s).
As if creating your app wasn’t costly enough, not to mention time-consuming, promoting your app requires a lot of attention, and money in order to get your app in the top 10 on the AppStore, Playstore or Windows Store charts. Regardless of what your goal(s) are for creating your app, whether it is to gain incremental revenue, or to simply create an app that everyone will want to use— the truth of the matter is that every app needs a strong and effective promotion, marketing, and advertising strategy, this no doubt will require you to take a lot of risks. Taking risk is not really the big problem, however, you need to take calculated risk; risks that will make you money.
The good news is that their is a lot of ways you can promote your app without spending a lot of money. Hundreds of app developers are right now reaping great rewards without having to spend a lot of money, I don’t see why you can’t either. Don’t get me wrong, you will have to spend a little money, but you won’t have to spend much. In fact why should you have to spend a lot of money when there are already proven methods to reach a wide audience of mobile users, increase your customer base, and gain more publicity for your apps.
To help you make the most out of your apps, TopAppsReviews.com as created this guide on how to promote your app without spending a lot of money.
1. Build a website or blog. No one should go into the app business without seriously considering the fact that they need to set up an online presence for their apps where they can let their audience know what their app(s) and what it is all about. With your own webpage you are able to entice or grab your visitors, capture emails of potential customers who may be interested in your new apps when you release them etc. A good tool for this is to use wordpress. WordPress has a lot of tools, plugins and themes that will help you to make that eye catching site for your apps
2. Get a professional promotional video. A video is an effective way of telling a story, of sharing your thoughts, or conveying your message. By making a video, your audience will be enticed to learn more about your app, and eventually be loyal users. Find a site that will allow you to promote your videos such as TopAppsReviews which offers video promotion at low cost. Don’t forget to add your video to youtube and share it on social media sites.
3. Send your App to app review websites. App Review sites are great promotional methods for your apps and will no doubt get you a lot of traffic. Sites such as TopAppsReviews and 148Apps are great sites to submit your app to. Once you get a mention from these blogs, it will help generate positive publicity for your app.
4. Reach out to the press. Press release is a great way of getting publicity for your app(s). Check out free press release sites at avangate.com for list of sites you can submit your app to for free
5. Reach out to bloggers. Find blogs that write about mobile, apps, shopping etc. basically blogs that post that will be able to get your app notice and is somewhat similar to your app. For example if your app is about shopping then find shopping blogs and reach out to the admin of the blog. Bloggers are very influential and most have a large following.
6. Podcast. More and more people are using podcast as they enjoy the benefits that it carries. Therefore a good way to get your app notice is to create a podcast about your app and try to reach out to your market and publish it on iTunes or on your own website.
7. Apply for awards. Awards will get your app lots of publicity, if you are lucky.
8. Make your app free at launch. If you are releasing a paid app, make it free at launch and then try to build some publicity around this. A lot of people will rush to download your app before it becomes paid.
9. Use Pinterest to your advantage. Use blog images, infographics, and visual content from your app to create content on your Pinterest board.
10. Get your app social. Millions of people are on social media sites on a daily basis, therefore create a facebook page about your app or app business and then try to get persons to like your page. It is very important that after you create your page that you post to it regularly. Post things that your reader might be interested in, eg post a review about the new IPhone 6 etc
11. Have App review sites blast your app to their social media followers. Many app review sites such as TopAppsReviews offers social media promotion where they will talk about your app on their facebook and twitter page. This will generate a lot of interest about your app
12. Optimize your App for the Appstore. This is one proven method that many app developers don’t think about much. AppStore Optimization (ASO) looks at finding the right keywords, app icon and screenshots, amongst other things so that your app will be easy to find on the appstore. Check out Topappsreviews ASO service.
I hope that this article was very helpful to you. Please share your comments with us and please follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Also please subscribe to our blog